Sunday, September 7, 2008

September Birthdays

My wonderful brother, Chris, celebrated his birthday on the 4th. He is out in Utah with his wife, finishing up at BYU and hopefully, we pray, moving back to sunny Florida. My brother has to be one of the greatest guys ever, and I am not just saying that because we are related. I love my brother and hope he had the best birthday!
Another birthday to celebrate this month was my too adorable niece, Mattie "MoMo" Menzie. She had her 3 yr old birthday party on Saturday and I was able to drive over and catch the last part of the Dora the Explorer extravaganza! There were many 3 year old running around, hyped up on candy and cupcakes. It was quite the sight! I was impressed with the lengths my sister and her husband had gone to creating a Dora themed party. Complete with a "map" leading to the cake and each child left with a purple "backpack" goody bag. Very cute. I got to spend the rest of the afternoon with my family. It was such a great day, and then I headed back home to my husband.I did miss the groundbreaking for our new church building, deciding to spend the day with Mattie and family, giving all the focus on her until she is joined by a new brother and cousin at the end of the year. But Greg was able to attend the groundbreaking and he filled me in on all the details. Greg stayed behind for the groundbreaking and of course to watch college football for the rest of the afternoon. He was in heaven-just him and our dog watching football from 12 until I got home around 8. Nice day.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Thanks for coming to MoMo's party. She was so happy that you were there. Have you noticed how much she looks like you? Mom found some polaroids of Mattie the other day and she said, "Look, here are some pictues of Stephanie when she was little." I told mom to look closer, because they were Mattie. She couldn't believe how much Mo looked like you at that age! I swear if I hadn't given birth to her, I would wonder about you and Matt! J/K