Saturday, May 10, 2008

Saturday at Epcot

Since my birthday fell on Sunday this year, we wanted to do something fun on Saturday. So we decided to go to Epcot. I haven't been there since I was in 7th grade and Greg had never been there at all. We went with my mom, Heather, Mattie, and Matt met us there in the afternoon. It was a fun, long, very hot day. I was so tired by the end of the day, so much walking from country to country. Epcot is not like other Disney parks, where you walk a short distance to the next ride or show and get to sit down for a bit. There is so much to see before the day is over. My favorite part was the gardens. For springtime, they have beautiful gardens everywhere. There was even an amazing butterfly garden. Mattie was so fun to watch as she chased the butterflies around trying to get them to land on her finger. I kept thinking of our friend Dieter, who is not a huge fan of buterflies. He would have hated it in there. We had a lot of fun. It was a good day.
(This pic was taken at the end of the day-not my best...like I said very tired and hot!)

3 comments:

Jody Weiss said...

Happy belated birthday! Sounds like you guys had a good time! When we make it back that way, I think we definitely need to go to see the butterflies!

Melody said...

You guys have the sweetest grins!

Happy Birthday!

Heather said...

It was fun on Saturday. Not super exciting like the other parks, but still super enjoyable. Glad we were able to go with you guys for your birthday.